Understanding reckless driving in Virginia
If an individual is charged with a reckless driving ticket in Fairfax Virginia, then they must get in touch with any skilled and experienced reckless driving lawyer in Virginia, who can guide them in mitigating the hefty charges associated with reckless driving. In Fairfax Virginia, reckless driving is a serious traffic violation and the penalties are huge. Therefore, Virginia is known as the 6th harshest state for its traffic rules and penalties. As per the code of Virginia, section 46.2-852 elaborates reckless driving act as:
“Irrespective of the maximum speeds permitted by law, any person who drives a vehicle on any highway recklessly or at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person shall be guilty of reckless driving.”
What are the acts of a driver deemed as reckless driving in Fairfax Virginia?
- Reckless driving by speeding
- Reckless driving Generally
- Reckless driving in the parking lot
- Reckless driving irrespective of speed
- Reckless driving near a school bus
- Recklessly crossing a vehicle in the same lane
- Recklessly driving a vehicle with a faulty break
- Recklessly driving along with a vehicle in the same lane
- Recklessly driving an overloaded vehicle
- Recklessly driving irrespective of the road signals
- Recklessly driving on a curving road
- Recklessly overtaking or tuning without giving proper signals
- Recklessly passing a railroad
- Recklessly racing on the highway of Virginia
What are the Common penalties for reckless driving in Virginia?
The common penalties for reckless driving in Fairfax Virginia are:
- Hefty Fines of maximum $2500 along with the court’s fee
- Maximum of 6 Demerit points in your driving records
- Suspension of the driving license for a period of 6 months
- Imprisonment for a maximum period of 12 months
What are the reckless driving Fairfax Virginia points?
The state department of motor vehicle (DMV) has designed point method to rate the drivers of Fairfax Virginia. Therefore, all the drivers are even punished for their irresponsible driving habits in terms of negative points. If a driver, irrespective of his state of residence, commits the act of reckless driving within Fairfax, Virginia, he will be allotted demerit point by the Virginia court, which will reflect on his driving transcript.
How many negative points are displayed in the driving transcript for reckless driving in VA?
The state department of motor vehicle’s point technique in Fairfax Virginia penalize the drivers of the level of reckless driving, however, these points are divided into 4 groups, out of which, 3 groups are commonly stated:
- Three points:
- Negative 3 points are given when a driver is speeding in excess of 20 MPH above the absolute speed limit
- Four points:
- Four negative points are given when the driver is not able to yield the right of way or he is not maintaining a proper distance with the other vehicles.
- Six points:
- Six negative points are given to the drivers if they are found racing on the highways of Virginia or the one who has injured or killed someone due to their careless driving.
- Further points are allotted in case of a repetitive reckless driving act or serious misdemeanor.